Unity Tutorial 03

Ok so I am back again with another Unity Tutorial Blog and  what I have been doing for the past couple hours was making a little food fight scene on Unity. What I basically had to do was I had to program a farmer's wife to be throwing slices of pizza at the animals coming her way. The three animals that were used were a moose, fox and doe ( i haven't a clue what a doe is).

Food Fight

Doing all of this I now know all the folder and script making, and I am getting the hang of the Prefabs making. The newer things were learning like key code, spawning, else-if/if-statements, arrays and so on.

Doing all the tutorials was an overall 3 hours. The things I had to do were:

  • Create a new project called Prototype 2 to get player movement working. Choose a character, the types of animals to interact with, and the food that would be fed to those animals. Giving the player basic side-to-side movement just like in the Prototype 1, but then use statements to keep the Player in bounds.
  • Unity
    Allow the player to start the projectile through the scene. Write a new script to send the projectile forwards. Store the projectile, scripts and properties using the Prefabs. The player will be able to start the projectile prefab with the spacebar. Adding boundaries to the scene.
  • Allow the animals to spawn on their own, in any random location at the top of the screen. Creating a new object with a new script to manage the entire spawning process.

Overall this Tutorial was a bit of a problem at first with my animator being disabled for some reason and my Unity workspace disappearing or closing itself half of the time. And just like I said at the beginning of starting these Unity Tutorials "I just know the ones after this are going to be harder" But then again I am up for the knowledge and creative included!

Well thats that, Goodbye πŸ‘‹
- Tochi

Comments

Popular Posts