First Playable

Hi guys, Finally writing this prototype update for you guys, this was me spending all of my time on this prototype just saying I did have to start all over again a couple times which was very annoying. And somethings my scripts the Monoscript or whatever would just not be responding. But besides all that I have made significant process from all the hassle in the beginning and I am happy to say that my Unity has not crashed not once unlike to times when I did the Unity Tutorials.

Rough Game
These are some of the things I have done:

  • Attached camera to the car.
  • Assembled the car together with all its necessary components.
  • Made the road with the SpriteShape.
  • Added the collectables.
  • Made a "Select Level" menu
  • And a finish line
  • Added a "TriggerDeath" scripts to the characters head so when hit it restarts the level.
  • Made a coin counter
By the way I only almost have the first level completed and there are 4 levels I want to put in.
But for the "Select Level" menu I wanted to make it that you have to collect certain amount of coins for it to unlock but I'm not yet sure of that. I will add some more background things other than clouds like maybe trees and bushes. I guess I am also going to put a pause menu too. And there will be some sort of obstacles like a rope bridged and holes in the road.

I did not have any assets to help me just youtube tutorials which some where frustrating but I got some info out of it. And I used Illustrator to design my character, car and collectables. But I know it is not looking its best but I trying to change as much as I can without finding more trouble along the way. 

Here are some Screenshots for my prototype:

"Select Level" Menu


Level 1 Scene


Level 1 Game

Anyways that it,
-Tochi

Comments

  1. Hi Tochi! I remember reading your game ideas and thinking this was a really creative idea. I can see you've gotten quite a bit done, so well done! I love the way it looks, I think it's really easy to look at which can only make the game easier to play and understand. Will each level have any other variables apart from the track? Will the car colour change or will the sky turn to night? I like the coin idea and the gas canister idea, I think they add a sense of accomplishment in a game before even finishing so it can encourage people to keep going. I love the idea, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tochi, wow your game looks great so far. I haven't seen your blog in ages so I didn't know what to expect. I love the idea, it seems very different to what other people are doing, I am excited to see it finished. I just wanted to give you some feedback. Firstly I have to say I love the way you have a menu screen already and it looks really cool as well, well done for that, I hope mine turns out that good haha.

    Did you considering adding a power up to your game? I think that could be really cool, like low gravity or super speed. Something like this could be something to consider.

    Anyways, your game looks really cool so far, best of luck with finishing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sup Tochi!

    Just finished reading your first playable blog, really impressed with what you have achieved so far, by the screenshots shown it looks like you have a lot of mechanics already set in place, will there be an option's to change cars possible?
    Overall great work so far

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts