Prototype

So finally starting my very first prototype for my game, so exciting to see the process with me doing this myself. And what I have so far is, I have done up my menu for the game.

Prototype

Well I am currently working on the first level of the game by making the paths to drive on and attaching the characters body and car parts together it was a bit tricky but I got the hang of it. I started the prototype with the 2018 unity and it was going all well until I found out that one of the elements where only available in the 2019 unity so i updated it and then my whole path was invisible and I was so confused and when i went back to the 2018 unity there were like 100 errors so I was defiantly not happy about that at all. And I then decided I got to start from the beginning.

Screenshot


In this only stage 1 is open the other 4 stages will have to be unlocked with a certain amount of coins to continue. This was simple and straight forward to make just adding buttons,
images and text.



I have decided that in some of the levels I will make holes in the path and add some bridges as well to change up the path a bit the path will get longer depending on the stage you are at.

And that is that back to creating the Prototype Guys, Bye 👋

- Tochi

Comments

  1. Hey Tochi, I hope you’re doing good and were able to get your menu page on Unity done, your game looks like its coming along really well, good for you!
    It sucks to see you are having trouble with unity too, I hate working on it because of this but its good to see its worked out for you for the most part!
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tochi, just had a look at all of your project blogs looks like you have your game well thought out, your GDD was very informative and I felt i could understand it well. Just looking at your Prototype now and well done!! It looks like you made great use of your time, even though Unity gave you a bit of trouble this week.. Wow i think your level page looks brilliant, it is nice and colourful and it is easy to read. I wonder with the locked levels when you complete Level 1 will that turn red to show the player that they have finished this level and that they can move onto the next one. What if the player is able to jump over the holes ? or go underneath the bridges? This could be useful to the player. I wish you all the luck with your game, Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tochi, just read your project blog post and it seems that you have this game well thought out and now what you want to get done, done!!. Just from looking at your prototype now and well done, it looks great but sounds difficult, adding levels must be very confusing. especially of the trouble unity gave you some difficulties. How will you show the players they've completed the current level and move on, that might be hard to do.. That's just something to think about, it's a great first step to have a functioning menu to start with, that alone is time consuming. I wish you the best of luck in making your game, hope it all goes well, Aaron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tochi, really great blog that you got here. Wow really love that you have fully developed the main menu part f your page looks really well and should be proud of it, I like that the player has to unlock the different stages of your game. I wonder if that font is the best one you could use or maybe make it a bit smaller because it looks a bit stretched out but maybe that is the art form that you are looking for. Also, what if you where to add a video at the end of each blog showing your progress over the week. This may help the viewers visualize what you have done that week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tochi,
    First of all your blog looks amazing. I know about how you felt when your project full of errors because I had the the exact same experience, I basically had both 2018 and 2019 on my desktop and when I started I realized I needed to use the 2019 one but then all the files and the project for some reason got corrupted and Unity crashed on my PC, I was left frustrated . I used a laptop to continue working on my game I would suggest you do the same if you still have this issue. Goodluck
    -Abdi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts