Growth Mindset

Listen before even reading bout Carol Dweck and her talk about her talks on "Growth Mindset" I didn't know much about either thing and I guess thats what the reading and learning was for.

Good Grow
I guess a mindset is a set of assumptions, methods, or concepts held either by one or more people or groups of people. There are 2 form of the mindset which is the Growth Mindset and the Fixed Mindset. According to Carol Dweck, when a student has a fixed mindset, they believe that their basic abilities, intelligence, and talents are fixed traits. But In a growth mindset, students believe their abilities and intelligence can be developed with effort, learning, and dedication.

Looking on what Carol Dweck is saying and looking back on myself in secondary school I think I had a fixed mindset for a long period of time over the school years in some subjects with my mind over crowding with the effort and time up into a subject I didn't think I had the capability to pass as i felt I wasn't smart enough to take on such given information in class.

I guess it would be nice to learn more on the growth mindset so I can change from things like: "I made a mistake", "My friend can do it", "I can't do this", "Is this good enough". Hoping change it to things like: "Mistakes make better practice", "I can learn from them", "I can train my brain" and "I can always improve".

"A Good Attitude goes a long way"

I know part of me having a fixed mindset is through what I'm being told or compared to and it is hard and over the years I have accepted that negative impact, and now that it is had such an impact on myself looking at the positive side of somethings are very difficult to come around. But you know it a working process I should continue to break down the negative wall to come across to the positive area.

Well thanks for reading that guys :)

Bye.👋

- Tochi

Comments

Popular Posts