Game Idea Research

Ok so, from my previous blog on my "Game Brainstorm" I had picked 4 ideas of a game I wanted to try out which were, Hill Climb Racing, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump and Stack. And with some consideration  I have come to a decision and chose to create the Hill Climb Racing game. My project does not need to be incredibly complicated for myself to create or the user to play and getting online help whether it's on Youtube or GitHub wherever will increase my chances of making a successful game!

So, the name I will place on this game make for now it will be called "Car n' Hills I will probably change this name later on if I find something that makes more sense.

The three game Strategies I will be going on about is:

Car Movements

Similar Car
Within this game in the making here, since I am not sure if I would try make a 2D version of this game because I have been searching and watching and it looks very straight forward (well maybe its just me because I have a lot of faith in succeeding in this game version). But do not worry I am still very open to do a 3D version too. But besides that the movements of the car is just going to be going forwards and backwards and no there will be no jumping cars because it would not make sense as the player with be driving on hills.

Collectables

In this game the collectables available on the hills are going to be petrol gallons because while the player is driving across the hills it loses petrol so collecting the petrol gallons will fill the bar. Well if that runs out then obviously the car will stop. The other collectable I might probably add in there will be coins.

Obstacles

The obstacles in thus game with not be like those ordinary obstacles that try to block the player in their path. Instead my term of the obstacle in this game will be like maybe high peak hills, very bumpy ways, a loose rope like bridge or maybe even some open places in the road. The most important obstacle is to avoid hitting the players head or else the player dies I guess in that sense.







As I continue to broaden my thoughts and ideas to creating this so called game of mine, I am very excited to see how it will go out. From all the practice, mistakes and frustration.

-Tochi 😊

Comments

  1. Hey Tochi, really liking this idea of a car game that you going with. I used to play hill climb racing a lot and loved the game plenty of hours of fun to be had. I would say have a look out for a 3D version of the type of game your looking to do, bring something new to the market. The collectables and obstacles is also a really cool idea because you can design whatever you want. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tochi,
    Just finished reading your game idea research. I really like your game idea, I would recommend trying to make it 3D especially if your thinking about it. I think it is a great idea and it will also make the game more realistic which is always good. If you haven't thought of implementing some sort of rewards system I would also recommend checking that out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts