Unity Tutorial 02

In this Unity Tutorial I had to complete the Plane Programming, but before I could do that.

In the Driving Simulation Lesson 1.4, I needed to hit the road and gain control of the car. Doing this I had to detect when the player is pressing the arrow keys, then accelerate and turn the vehicle based on that input sensed. Using the new methods, Vectors, and variables, it allows the car to move forwards or backwards and turn left to right. And at the end of that when the player presses the up/down arrows, the vehicle will move forward and backwards, and when the player presses the left/right arrows, the vehicle will turn.

Plane

With that I had to use the skills I had learned in the Driving Simulation to fly a plane around large obstacles in the sky. I had to get the user’s input from the up and down arrows in order to control the plane’s movement of up and down. Also having to make the camera follow alongside the plane to keep it in view.

In this tutorial there were no step by step videos to help along the way I had to took back on what I had done in the other tutorials more so the C# scripts will all the player and follow movements. This was kind of a test to see what I remember from the Driving Simulation. There were only hints provided to complete the program things like this.

Hints:

- Make the plane go forward
Hint: Vector3.back makes an object move backwards, Vector3.forward makes it go forwards

- Make the plane tilt only if the user presses the up/down arrows
Hint: In PlaneController.cs, in Update(), the verticalInput value is assigned, but it’s never actually used in the Rotate() call

- Make the camera follow the plane
Hint: In FollowPlane.cs, neither the plane nor offset variables are assigned a value - assign the plane variable in the camera’s inspector and assign the offset = new Vector3 (30, 0, 10) in the code

Plane Programe
The hints helped for me especially when I opened the Asset then played it and the plane was out of my sight flying around in the sky like a lunatic I was so confused. Thankfully this task was easy to read, figure out and handle, plus the end product was very good I even liked the way I could do loops whit the plane. By the way I did do the bonus step and made the propeller move around that was very straight forward.

Well that's that. Bye ;)
- Tochi

Comments

Popular Posts