Week 9 Reading and Writing

Well this is a different type of blog for this week and Im just, well basically looking back on the blogs I have done and giving my thoughts. So here is some questions Shaun left:

Overall, how well are the reading and writing assignments working for you?

That's That
So at the beginning of the semester when we start doing these reading assignment and Shaun said we had to write in academic style I did not have a clue what that even was, shame on myself. Even though I searched it up I still did not know how to form it in my wiring so I just decided to forget it. But when i wrote the first like 3 blog some of people in the class where saying that my academic style writing was very good meanwhile i did not see what
they were talking about. Whereas till now i still do not know but the reading and writing are going really well people are giving me great feedback and commenting on my blogs they really like it.

What has been your favourite reading so far? 

Well my favourite reading so far would have to be the one on "Game Design" I guess I really like it because I was researching on what actually game design was and I really love playing all sorts of games. (Really wished I had a PS5 right now ah well maybe later). But it was interesting to find out the elements and techniques within game design and making, looking as what makes a good game and a bad one.

Are your reading notes helping you each week with your game? 

YES, these reading notes help well not all the time but they do help when I am making my games ( shame on me for working on my game and not completing these assignments on time and thats marks gone straight in the bin ah well) but the notes and also youtube tutorials I have found help a whole lot, even surprisingly some of the unity tutorial notes helped a little bit even though it gets on my nerves sometimes.

Are you happy with your game project?

Oh yes I am actually really proud of myself with where my game is going at this moment I was sceptical with making a 2D game because all the unity tutorials where all 3D and that all I knew then. But with all the research and tutorials I been looking at I tried and even though I had to start or a couple times when it finally game together I was very happy. So my game right now has 5 levels and a menu I am currently debating it I should make it to 10 levels or not but that depends on how making the pause menu goes. And I am still lost on making
unlocking levels with coins if any of you guys now something feel free to drop in the comment section.

Typing
What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment(s) for this class?

I do not not have a big accomplishment for this class but I consider every task an accomplishment  from the readings, writing, feedback, tutorials and the game. Actually maybe the game is the biggest accomplishment right now well even though it not finished but the progress towards it all the research, writing and thought put into it.

Is there anything you want/need to do in order to get more out of the reading and writing experiences in this class?

The only thing I am really looking forward to is finishing the game I am making because when I finish it and play it I would be over the moon on how I actually just created my first game even though it will not be the best thing but still.


And that all the writing for this part, Bye

-Tochi

Comments

Popular Posts